Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm dying my hair soon to a dark brown to cover my highlights well what color should i really u

Well i'm dying my hair to cover my orangy blonde highlights since it just hasn't satified me yet, but i'm completely sure i want to dye it, so i chose to use a dark brown since it will change my hair color, but i'm just not sure if i should really use a dark brown or should i use another shade of brown to cover my orangy blonde highlights, and i don't want to keep on dying my hair over and over again so can you please help me decide about my new hair color?? so it wil actually hide my highlights.



I'm dying my hair soon to a dark brown to cover my highlights well what color should i really use?

Color correction is never an easy process. What is your natural hair color? If you dont want to keep coloring your hair and your hair is not dark brown you will still have roots that grow out, and you will be forced to color your hair.



Dark brown does not lift easily if you need to try to match it back to your natural color.



If I were going to fix your hair, I would look at the color of your roots that are up close to the nape of your neck...find a color that is a couple of shades darker, but not too much, you still want it to kind of blend in with your hair....Next thing go to a beauty supply to buy your color so that you know for sure what kind of color you are getting. You will want something with a violet or green base to tone down the orange in your highlights.



A stylist will never promise a perfect color for color correction, and it usually takes a few tries to get the perfect color.



The above method will give you something that should leave you close to your natural haircolor, with enough color to cover and blend your highlights. Your highlights will probably still show, but they will be blended closer to your natural highlights and shouldnt be orange anymore.



You look for a base color. Usually if a color says it is ash, it has a green base.



Stay away from anything that says it will give you golden highlights...this equates to orange....



If you go to a beauty supply like Sally's the clerk can assist you....If you are forced to go to a store, make sure you read the box and see what it says about highlights and things like that....Read where the color name is, it should give you some type of hint as to what the base is....



If your natural haircolor is dark, dont go with black...There are very few people who actually have black hair...It is usually a mixture of colors so a dark brown should be fine on you.



I'm dying my hair soon to a dark brown to cover my highlights well what color should i really use?

darker hair dye won't completey hide the fact that you had highlights, but it will make the highlights brown instead of the orangy blond.



I'm dying my hair soon to a dark brown to cover my highlights well what color should i really use?

If you cover bleached hair with colored hair dye, the dye will fade very fast. Bleached hair does not absorbe the dye like it should. Have you tried bleaching the highlights again so they are not orange? Are you doing this yourslef of having a salon do it? Also if you do not want to have to dye it all the time then find a color close to your natural hair color.



I'm dying my hair soon to a dark brown to cover my highlights well what color should i really use?

Go to a salon. Trying to dye over bleached out hair with a box dye can be disastrous, it turned my hair purple. I don't ever dye my hair on my own anymore, I suck it up and pay the big bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment